Thursday, March 7, 2013

Your Students Can't Google w/o Being Taught

Have you ever watched a student do a web search?  It is pathetic!  They use Google like they use people: they ask it a question.  

Even though Google is smart enough to figure out what they mean, it is still the wrong way to search.  I don't know about you, but in Indiana, I don't believe there are any standards on how to do a web search.  So its just one of those things they will need to know how to do, but schools aren't teaching.

Maybe you do the same thing?  Did you know all of the tips and tricks below for executing a web search?  I sure didn't know every single thing, but now I use most of them and can find just about anything I am looking for!  Give 'er a try!  (sorry for the size.  I am not a Blogger expert by any means and I'm not sure how to make it larger, but if you download it, it is pretty large!)



(h/t to HackCollege.com for the infographic I have used in class for the past two years.  They have other great stuff as well!)


No comments:

Post a Comment